Thursday 18 December 2008

Scan today...

Well today's the day. I've got my anomaly scan this afternoon. I'm feeling very emotional about it. I'm a mixture of excitement, nervousness & sheer terror!!!

How many of you get nervous before an ultrasound?

I don't know whether it's par for the course having worked in an Early Pregnancy Unit & being a midwife. After doing these jobs I know far too much about what can go wrong. I was the same with Rebekah. I felt sick before every scan & having high blood pressure, I had a lot of scans!!

In some ways I feel like this is the most important scan of the pregnancy. This is where they either tell you the good news that everything is growing as it should & the baby is fine or this is where they tell you the words every parent dreads... There's something wrong. I know it's far more likely everything will be fine but there's always that niggling doubt. I suppose it's part of  being a parent, to worry about your children, born or unborn.

This is also the  scan where they can tell you if it's a girl or a boy. Am I going to find out?

NO!!!!

I keep teasing Tom though. He can't get the time off work so I'll be going on my own and I keep teasing him that I could find out & nobody would ever know I know... Mwahahaha.  I'm only joking though. I like the surprise when the baby's born.

I'll update this evening when I get home from work. Hope you have a good day!

1 comment:

slave2boys said...

I used to get nervous before scans since having my miscarriage. I was fine when I was pregnant with Toby, but once I knew what could go wrong it made it so much worse. Hope it all goes ok. You are very safe in His hands. x