Friday 19 December 2008

Scan update

Sorry I didn't update last night as promised. I was just too tired.

The scan was GREAT!!!!  The sonographer was great & explained everything in detail as she went. The baby appears to have everything it should have & nothing that it shouldn't.  It was sooooo active. Wriggling & moving constantly. He/she even looked right at me! Although, if I'm honest I prefer seeing the profile on scan. Front on facial views always look a bit alien like to me. I maybe bias but I think this baby was the cutest & most beautiful baby on scan (I'll post the pictures soon). If it's anything like it's sister it'll be an absolutely beautiful baby when it's born too!!!  Once I could see everything was ok I was able to relax & just enjoy seeing my baby.  The exciting thing is I get to do it all again in a few weeks when we start the growth scans!! With my history I'm at an increased risk of baby not growing properly but to be honest I'm not worried about that. Rebekah grew really well & in the end they stopped doing the scans because she was doing so well.  

As I said yesterday, we decided not to find out the sex of the baby but that didn't stop me trying to have a sneaky look. I didn't see anything, but I don't think I'd be able to tell anyway.  Well it's not too much longer 'til we'll meet him/her anyway. I'm at least halfway now.

Well I better go & make some breakfast for Rebekah & myself. I'll write again soon.

No comments: